Jands Lighting
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:15 am

Default scene 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Default scene
Hello all,

I use Jands on a Macbook Pro, exclusively for pre-programmed shows that run on auto-pilot. As of now, I'm not doing any traditional "Live" lighting shows.

So, I've managed to create Cuelists per song, by dragging a song mp3 file into the timeline and programming my cues. I then fire these Cuelists via a corresponding MIDI note command (from another machine running audio/video track playback). Everything is working well for the most part.

Now, if I wanted to create a default stage scene or cue (for in-between songs) to return to after each cuelist is complete, is there a way to do this via the Live tab, or would I have to create a new Cuelist for the default scene, and have each song's cuelist do a "GoTo" command at the end?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:27 pm
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post Re: Default scene
I would build your default as a cuelist and set it with Priority as Low. That way it is always on and the fixtures just get overridden with your song programming. Then when the song cuelist releases it will release back to your default cuelist. I do this for events that have a broadcast so that my set always has a look. It takes a slightly different mindset of programming for your first cue and last cue for how you get in and out of your songs, but it has been super easy for me.

L5, S3, M1 and two S1s

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:46 am