Jands Lighting
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:34 pm

FTP Client 
Contributor
Contributor

Post FTP Client
Hey All -

What's your favorite FTP client to use with Vista?

I'm looking for something to always live on our network, and automatically backup all our Vista consoles at our 6 campuses. I'd love if it would automatically mirror the Vista data vs me pulling it from the console every time I program, or every so often. Is this easily doable? I'm just trying to replace the 1000s of usb drives that we use.

Thanks!

Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:31 am
Registered
Registered

Post Re: FTP Client
I either use a command line FTP which is easier to script or Filezilla which is cross platform and opensource.

We only use the software version of of Vista so I have been playing around with bit torrent sync to sync the files on a few computers and a file server.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:32 am
500+ Club
500+ Club

I use CyberDuck on my Mac. Not sure if there is a constant mirroring option, but if not, there is probably an automation thing you could set up to run it.

Vista L5, I3, T4, T2, M1, and whatever else I can get my hands on.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:15 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

LDTommy wrote:
Hey All -

What's your favorite FTP client to use with Vista?

I'm looking for something to always live on our network, and automatically backup all our Vista consoles at our 6 campuses. I'd love if it would automatically mirror the Vista data vs me pulling it from the console every time I program, or every so often. Is this easily doable? I'm just trying to replace the 1000s of usb drives that we use.

Thanks!

Hi Tom
You should have a look at GoodSync - it's designed to run on a Mac or Windows machine and automatically synchronise or backup files and folders between desktops, laptops, servers, and external drives. You can schedule and automate when the backup or sync occurs.

The backup source can be an FTP folder (amongst other options) and the destination can be another computer, Network share, Cloud drive etc.

It's very easy to setup and I ran a quick test with the free demo version using a Vista as the source. I've attached a screenshot showing the the FTP connection to Vista.

Regards
David Mulholland
Jands Pty Limited

Attachments:
goodsync.jpg
goodsync.jpg [ 48.9 KiB | Viewed 2690 times ]
Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
Contributor
Contributor

davidm wrote:
You should have a look at GoodSync - it's designed to run on a Mac or Windows machine and automatically synchronise or backup files and folders between desktops, laptops, servers, and external drives. You can schedule and automate when the backup or sync occurs.

Thanks David! Got this up and running today and it seems to be just what I was looking for! Thanks!!

Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:39 pm