Jands Lighting
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:16 pm

No output on a Enttec ODE 
Contributor
Contributor

Post No output on a Enttec ODE
I'm setting up a trial system to be installed later in our theater and can't get any output from my laptop to the DMX fixture(s).
In the DMX Connections the Enttec is recognized and sets itself to Sub:5,UNI:0 and DMX universe 1.

If I run the NMU the setting is Artnet protocoll, Subnet 00 Universe 00, Output DMX and refesh rate 43. Running the Artnet test from the NMU this is fine and i get the first 512 DMX channels working.
What am I doing wrong?

Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:18 am
Jands R&D
Jands R&D

Post Re: No output on a Enttec ODE
Have you assigned a universe to the enttec port that is appearing in dmx connections window? This is done in the far right column and you need to choose the universe that you have patched to in vista.

Also you can try adding an artnet broadcast port with the add network connection button in the bottom left. By default subnet 0, universe 0>3 is already patched so if you're sure the device is set to 0:0, then just assign the vista universe to the first broadcast port.

Feel free to upload a screenshot here of your configuration when done if it is still not working. Are you running the NMU on the same computer as Byron?

Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:30 am
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Peter,
The answer was within the question. The PC and the ODE where in different Subnet. Now they are both on Subnet 5 Universe 00 and it works fine. It seems that my PC selects automatically Subnet 5 as default. This might be because I have have had a console attached before, in my case a S3 with 4 DMX outputs. Setting the ODE to Subnet 5 solved the problem.

Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:25 pm
Jands R&D
Jands R&D

Glad it's working, but just as a note, the S3 dmx outputs should not effect the start artnet subnet/ universe of anything else, especially not the subnet. It is only because your ODE was set (at some point) to subnet 5, that it is showing up in vista as being a subnet 5 on the unicast port.

If you were to change the ODE's subnet to 0, it will probably come up in the dmx connections window as a unicast port and if not, you can simply broadcast to subnet 0.

Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:28 pm