Jands Lighting
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:30 pm

VNC to L5 
Contributor
Contributor

Post VNC to L5
How do I set up a VNC network on an L5? I am sure there is a thread for this but cannot find it.

Fri May 27, 2016 2:11 am
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post Re: VNC to L5
If it's like the T2....

When you boot the console there's a quick option screen of how to run Byron - select the one that includes "with VNC"

After Byron loads, quit the application and go out to the system menu and pick the item for network setup.

You'll need a wireless router in place but just give the console a static IP in the same way you would any computer device (first 3 parts of the IP match the router) but make sure it's outside the DHCP range set for the router.

Reboot it then use a VNC client on an attached machine (i use my iPad) and you'll see the Byron screen and have full screen control.

My experience is that it's not nearly as good at sitting @ the console but if you're focusing conventional fixtures, for example, you can cut a 3 person job to 2 because you can stand on stage and highlight the instruments while your helper is up in the rigging setting the fixtures with you as the target.

I did use it at a simple show last fall where we had the T2 back stage running only a couple of cuelists and i was in the audience w/ my iPad firing cues. Wouldn't really want to do anything intense/fast with it personally but it is useful...and built-in.

T2, S3, S1 available for rentals/demos

Fri May 27, 2016 10:43 pm
Profile WWW