Jands Lighting
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:23 pm

Snapshots not saving/loading the cuelists set on my L5. 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Snapshots not saving/loading the cuelists set on my L5.
Hi! I'm trying to create multiple snapshots with different cuelist layouts however whenever I try to apply the snapshot, the cuelists are not loaded onto the console surface. I've tried all the different snapshot save options with no luck. Is this possibly a bug or am I missing something? I don't want (most of) my cuelists to play, just to be loaded back into the console.

Wed May 31, 2017 4:12 am
Profile WWW
500+ Club
500+ Club

Post Re: Snapshots not saving/loading the cuelists set on my L5.
Snapshot recall the playback pages, think of it more like a bookmark as to what page each of your playbacks are on.

If you remove a cuelist from a playback the snapshot will not put that cuelist back on the playback. If that is what you are trying to do you will need to play the cuelists on other pages and then save those pages to the snapshot.

As I'm sure you have also noticed, when playback state is checked the snapshot will also recall if the cuelist is playing. I would either uncheck that selection or make sure everything is released before saving the snapshot.

Technical Sales Support
Jands/ChromaQ
AC Lighting, Inc

Wed May 31, 2017 6:19 am
Contributor
Contributor

Hi BC Lighting,

Just a follow up to do with Snapshots, I have never used them and am still trying to get my head around them. I think I understand the analogy of the bookmark and pages, but am trying to work out when I would use them. What would be the best way of creating different stage looks and mover positions all in the one look and having all different looks that you can recall at the press of a button, I always assumed this is what a snapshot would do but I am confused? Any help would be appreciated.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:52 pm
Jands R&D
Jands R&D

Nathan,
Snapshots are useful for people that run sets of different cuelist for different songs in a show. With the press of a snapshot you can jump to the page for that song and have the cuelists your want to play go (like the starting look for the song) and the others to release.

If you want to store a 'look' on a quick button for recall in live, have a play with snapshots. Snapshots can record multiple parameters for a set of fixtures along with their timing and then can be run on different sets of fixtures.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:21 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.
Just to clarify, I had a play with saving snapshots and just would like to know if there is a way to release the snapshot 'look' and return to the 'look' on stage that was playing before the snapshot was pressed. An example would be if during a song I was playing back multiple cuelists and then for a particular part of the song I press the snapshot and jump to that 'look' but then want to release that 'look' and go back to what I had before I pressed the snapshot? I hope that makes sense.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:22 pm
Jands R&D
Jands R&D

NathanC wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
Just to clarify, I had a play with saving snapshots and just would like to know if there is a way to release the snapshot 'look' and return to the 'look' on stage that was playing before the snapshot was pressed. .

NO that is not possible without creating a snapshot of the state before you run the other snapshot to return to

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:27 pm