Jands Lighting
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:37 pm

Lose of control lighting control 
Registered
Registered

Post Lose of control lighting control
We recently upgraded our lighting to Jands Vista 2 using computer control (Mac mini). We do not have a Jands control surface. Our interface with DMX is through ethernet using and Entec OpenDMX converter box. Seems that randomly we lose control of the lighting (changing a cue on the computer does not translate to the lighting). We have to power cycle the power on the converter to regain control. Doing so also causes the lights to black out for half a second then return, at which point we have control again (not good during a worship service). The status lights on the converter show there is activity when we lose control but in the software, the "connect to OpenDMX" checkbox in the Connect to Universes menu is unchecked.

We've tried adjusting power saving settings for the ethernet adapter on the mac thinking it might be timing out after a period of inactivity. It seemed to work last Sunday but on Thursday, it happened again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:37 am
Regular
Regular

Post Re: Lose of control lighting control
Did you solve your issue with dmx to usb interfac? if so, what was your solution?
Thanks,
Jim

Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:46 am
Profile WWW
Registered
Registered

Jim,
We haven't exactly solved the problem. We haven't had it happen in a while. The only thing we can figure is if we move the mouse once in a while, we don't seem to have a problem. We've changed some settings in the converter box but it seems to have done it since then. We're at a loss why it's been losing connection. Any ideas from anyone?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:32 am
Regular
Regular

I have a DMX King interface on the way and i'm going to try it with my MAC Book Pro. I'll let you know how that works out.
Jim

Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Registered
Registered

Thanks. For clarification, you had mentioned DMX to usb onterface. We are using ethernet to DMX, just so you know ezactly what I'm talking about. :)

Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:21 pm